Saturday, June 20, 2009

Yosemite Today

We went to Yosemite today for a family function, the weather was beautiful and as always the park is spectacular. I took alot of photos but all were of the family, so I won't subject you to that. I took my Nikon D80 and my new Casio EX-Z29, I took the Casio for its ability to shoot video. I only shot one video of a deer that was grazing in the field next tothe hotel we were in, the quality of the video is surprising good, but it does have its limitations, as expected. It did serve its purpose, I wanted a camera that could shoot useable video without dragging along another camera. The Casio is perfect, it fits in my pocket and is out of the way when I don't need it, exactly what I want. I can also use it to take pictures when I don't want to take the D80, the quality of the photos is very good if the light is good, again no surprise, and what I expected.

So here is the video, it was shot handheld and is abit shaky, OK, no problem, I can adjust to that with practice or a tripod if needed. I will need to take more footage to determine the capabilities of the camera for video, but I am not expecting perfect, just useable. At the end of the video you will notice that the camera goes off the subject and up into the trees, that was because someone bumped me while I was shooting, no problem. The video is very short, so don't worry about having to sit through a long drawn out ordeal, it was also shot in the lowest resolution the camera has, but is very clear and the file is not huge. I am hoping to sometime this week use the bracket I made for my KLR to mount the camera and shoot some video on the bike. It will be interesting to see how that comes out, I am thinking it will be alright, but we shall see. If it does not work out I will bite the bullet and just get a Ram Mount that is specifically made for mounting cameras and other things on a motorcycle. I am going back up to Yosemite next week for 4 days to camp, I am taking the KLR so I think that will be a good test for it.

No comments: