Friday, July 3, 2009

Another Trip Planned on the Golden Chain Hwy.


As I said before I fell in love with the landscape of the Golden Chain Hwy (SR49), so I have planned another trip along this historic route. This time around I will be taking my family and the KLR will stay at home :sigh:. But that's really ok, I am going for 5 days and and going to stay at the 49 RV Ranch in Columbia, CA and then at the Coloma Resort in Coloma, CA. The Coloma Resort is at Sutter's Mill on the American River, it should be lots of fun. You can find information on both of these places at the following links, 49er RV Ranch-, and the Coloma Resort- . Both come highly recommended so I am certain we will have loads of fun. I just bought 3 new gold pans today, because they have an area set aside for recreational gold panning at the Coloma Resort. Hopefully I will strike it rich! OK, back to reality. Our plans are to visit as many of the historic old towns as possible and get to the many caverns that are around the area. The weather is supposed to be good and the motorhome is all ready to go, we will leave on Wednesday of next week. I am going to take loads of pictures, so expect to see lots of them when I get back.

This week has been one that has been very eventful, many ups and downs, we have seen the passing of Michael Jackson, Farrah, and Billy Mays. I did get some really great news though, one of my Yosemite photographs has been selected to be in publication that comes out in July, it is one of the many guides that are out there about Yosemite, I am pretty stoked. This will be my third published photograph, of course none have been for pay, but just for photo credit, but that's OK with me since I am not a professional photographer. I am happy anytime anyone wants to use my photos, and give my proper credit for them. The photo included here of Tunnel View is the one that will appear in the publication.

I just wanted to go back for a minute regarding the 3 deaths that I mentioned earlier. I am not really a Michael jackson fan, but it is still sad to see him pass away, I grew up listening to his music from his Jackson 5 times to Thriller. He was a very troubled soul, but a very talented person. Being a Heavy metal fan, I really wasn't into his music, but again he was a very talented person. Now Farrah on the other hand, what guy did'nt love Farrah, yes I had the famous poster hanging in my room when I was a kid, and I always watched Charlie's Angels, she was an intensely beautiful woman, it is just a shame that she had to suffer through with what she had to go through with the cancer. Everytime someone I grew up watching passes away it makes me feel like I'm getting old. The one that really shocked me was Billy Mays, he was loud and obnoxious, but he was great at his work, kind of the king of the pitchman, I think he was probably the best known pitchman of all time. Its just sad to see such young people in their prime losing their lives.

I'll close for now, gotta get ready for the 4th of July party, oh yeah, I love this holiday, alcohol and explosives, it's great to be an American.

No comments: